A business operations specialist reviews every aspect of company operations for the purpose of improving operational processes to better serve customers and to make the company operations more efficient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Analyzes how information is recorded and how the process can be improved.
- Analyzes customer needs and determines how operations can be altered to improve service to customers and better meet their needs.
- Evaluates all company operations to make sure they are compliant with safety standards and other rules and regulations of the industry.
- Audits legal documents that can impact the company.
- Manages quality, costs and the efficiency of the organization.
- Reengineers processes to improve efficiency.
- Promotes a smooth delivery system for products and services going to clients.
- Oversees quality control.
- Handles purchasing and logistics.
- Recommends process improvements for every day operating procedures.
- Provides support for the Director of Operations.
- Processes purchase orders.
- Assists with financial reporting.
- Tracks expenditures to ensure the company does not go over budget.
- Assists with office administration duties.
- Trains business operations staff.
- Conducts operational research.
- Solves complex problems relating to the operation of the business.
- Stays up-to-date on software that is commonly used in the industry.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have superior computer skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should possess strong tactical management skills.
- Must have excellent math skills.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills.
- Should possess superior interpersonal skills.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Knowledgeable of bookkeeping processes.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma.
- Associates degree in Management, Business or a business-related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Operational Management, Business or related field.
- Experience working in Business Operations department.